We would like to wish all our members seasons greetings and happy new year! The branch office will be closed from 12pm on Friday 22nd December and will reopen on Tuesday 2nd January. For urgent queries during this time, please call UNISON Direct on 0800 0 857 857.
The branch has prepared a December newsletter which is being sent out to members. Please click the link below:
LBB local Pay claim
UNISON, UNITE and the GMB are currently working on this year’s Pay Claim on behalf of the London Borough of Bromley trades unions’ members.
At the time of writing, UNISON, UNITE and GMB are preparing to submit the following claim for 2018, to seek to improve and enhance the morale and productivity of our members. Meeting our claim would give the London Borough of Bromley the opportunity to demonstrate its commitment to creating a workforce which is well paid and high in morale and productivity. Unions believe the claim to be both affordable and realistic.
SUMMARY OF THE CLAIM
We were seeking:
- 5% increase on all salary points and allowances to make up for years of pay restraint under the government’s Austerity Agenda
- An additional increase in pay rates for staff at the bottom pay scales to bring them up to the London Living Wage as a minimum (£9.75/hr in 2017, rising to £10.20/hr in early 2018)
- A review of training and CPD opportunities across the organisation
- Consideration of annual leave entitlements
- A review of family friendly policies, in particular their Parental Leave entitlements
- Greater fairness and transparency in the awarding of bonuses and rewards
- Greater emphasis on the benefits available to employees through the Employee Assistance Programme
- Better training and support for staff and managers in dealing with the impact of work related stress on staff well being and mental health.
Britain Deserves a Pay Rise – End The Pay Cap! 17 October 2017
UNISON branches across the country are supporting a demonstration and lobby of Parliament to end the 1% public sector pay cap on Tuesday 17th October 2017 from 17:30pm to 20:00pm. We would like to encourage as many members to attend as possible. Branch officers are planning to attend. If you would like to support, email the branch and let us know and we can put you in touch with those officers attending.
UNISON is also encouraging members to write to their local MP. A template letter has been drafted which can be used. Between 14:00pm and 16:00pm on 17th October, the TUC is organising a lobby of MP’s. Members can ask to meet with their local MP to discuss the public sector pay cap and raise concerns.
Branch AGM 2017
A big thank you to those members who attended our Branch AGM on 22nd March 2017
NJC Pay Consultation 2018/19
Branches are currently consulting members over the NJC pay claim for 2018/19. The proposed claim is a 5% increase on all NJC pay points and deletion of NJC pay points SCP 6-9.
In Bromley, the local authority withdrew from the NJC terms a couple of years ago. However we are aware that some employers, including some schools in the borough, are still under the NJC terms. If you are one of those members we would be keen to know your views on the claim. Please email responses by 5pm on Thursday 25th May 2017.
London Borough of Bromley Pay Offer 2017
UNISON Bromley Branch is currently consulting with LB Bromley employed members over the pay offer for 2017. A Summary of the offer and full details can be found below:
The branch would welcome your comments via email to email@example.com
Please mark your email for the attention of Sally Tsoukaris, Regional Organiser, and send to the branch by 5th February 2017. Members can also give feedback directly to their employer. Full details contained in the summary document.