Bromley UNISON branch is growing every year as more and more workers in local public services realise the benefits of membership. We are by far the largest union representing workers in Bromley Council and many of the smaller workplaces we operate in. We represent and support members, negotiate and bargain on their behalf and campaign for better working conditions and pay and for public services. Unionised workplaces have far better pay and better terms and conditions. At this time we face unprecedented attacks on public services and on the pay and conditions of workers. The more members we have, the stronger our voice and the better we are able to represent our members and campaign for their interests. Join us now!
Membership of UNISON also gives you essential cover, wherever you work. UNISON offers a full range of member benefits which can include:
- advice, support and help when you need it at work
- a helpline that is open until midnight during the week and 4pm on Saturdays
- legal help for you at work and your and your family at home (subject to certain eligibility criteria)
- financial assistance and debt advice in times of need
- compensation for accidents and injuries at work
- a range of exclusive member discounts that can save you and your family money when you are shopping, buying insurance or looking for a holiday
- education and training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications.
These are just some of the reasons to join UNISON and get essential cover.
Am I eligible?
Anyone employed in providing public services can join UNISON. That includes people working:
- in the public services;
- for private contractors;
- in the utilities;
- in community and voluntary organisations.
Joining UNISON means you have access to our huge network of stewards and reps who are there to help you with your workplace problems.
Join Unison today!
It’s simple to join UNISON and get essential cover wherever you work.
If you want to pay by Direct Debit there are three options for you:
1 Join online at join.unison.co.uk
2 Call 0800 171 2193 and join instantly.
3 Download an application form here and when you fill it in select the “pay by Direct Debit” option.